Digitalspacewireless Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ''Act''), the data controller is Digitalspacewireless Limited (company number RC 966403).
Information we may collect from you
we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us in your dealings with us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services or requesting further services and/or information from us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details we receive from credit reference and fraud detection agencies.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where relevant your IP address, operating system and browser type. This data is processed for the purposes of fraud prevention, for various administrative purposes and may also be used by us to promote certain offers and advertisements according to your general location.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are text files which contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate, whereas others are aimed at enhancing and personalising your user experience.
The information gathered by cookies on our site(s) may be used in the following ways:
- To tailor advertisements or promotions you receive. For example, if you have looked at a specific type of mobile handset, we might use this information to personalise any subsequent advertisements you see. We may also personalise our service based on the type of computer system you use, together with the purchase pattern of other customers who may have looked at similar products to you. We may also provide you with advertisements which may be customised using information such as the search terms you use on our site. For example, if you searched for a specific product or accessed our site via a specific banner ad or search word, we may present you with content and/or offers linked to that banner ad or search word.
- We may collect information on how frequently you visit the site and the type of products and/or services that you view to enable us to measure the popularity of our sites and our product offerings.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"),ECOWAS Economic Area and The USA. For customers buying from different part of the world. It may also be processed by employees operating outside the EEA, ECOWAS and The USA who work for us or for our suppliers. Such employees maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Here we will ensure that we have the necessary contracts and other mechanisms in place to make sure your data continues to be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Act. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with goods and/or services that you have ordered
- to prevent and detect fraud, crime and money laundering
- to check your identity
- to trace and recover debts
- for credit and credit related services and to manage your accounts
- to update our records about you
- to make credit, fraud and identity checks on you (when applicable)
You will also have the opportunity to consent about to us contacting you by post, e-mail, phone, SMS or MMS from time to time occasionally about products and services which the Digitalspacewireless Ltd or its affiliated Groups of companies and carefully selected third parties believe may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we may also contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can write to us at us c/o The Data Protection Office, P.O.BOX 11239 Lagos.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Digitalspacewireless Ltd or its affiliate Group of Companies.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $20 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Details of how to request a copy of your information can be found at howcan I see a copy of the information you hold about me?